The good folks over at Bloody Disgusting recently spoke with FX artist Al Magliochetti about Jason Goes to Hell. He dropped a bomshell with this statement.
“I’d actually heard rumors about a Jason/Freddy mash-up about a year before I got involved with Jason Goes to Hell,” said Magliochetti, “but at the time it was being talked about as a comedy with Jason and Freddy matching wits (or half-wits, as the case may be) with Kid n’ Play (remember them?) in a kind of an ‘Abbott and Costello meet Frankenstein’ spoof.
I so would have watched that. To read the full article click HERE
From the Hollywood Reporter
Launching in March is Bubba Ho-Tep and the Cosmic Blood-Suckers, a comic book prequel to the original story by Joe R. Lansdale that inspired the cult 2002 movie starring Bruce Campbell. Co-written by Lansdale with Joshua Jabcuga, the series is illustrated by Todd Galusha and features a cover (above) by Baldemar Rivas.
The plot of the new series is simple. President Richard Nixon has uncovered a potential threat from beyond the stars, but there’s only one man who could possibly safeguard the world as we know it: Elvis Aaron Presley.
“Bubba Ho-Tep was an accidental story that turned out to be my first film adaptation, and it's still going strong in story and film,” Lansdale tells Heat Vision. “And finally, it has inspired a background story that was first a novel, and is now represented in the medium that first made me want to be a writer: Comics. Graphic novels. What we used to call Funny Books. I'm excited and looking forward to readers discovering it all in color and looking fine."
The writer even teased that more Bubba Ho-Tep might be in fans' future, should this first series go well, adding, "May more Bubba comics burst into existence and give the world the true story of how the world has been protected from evil, and for quite some time. Thank goodness these defenders are out there, working in the shadows.”
G.I. Joe will soldier on and fight the good fight on the big screen once again. Paramount has confirmed that the third G.I. Joe film will hit theaters on March 27, 2020.
The G.I. Joe franchise never received glowing critical reviews, but it did find success at the box office. While never on the level of fellow Hasbro property, Transformers, the movies made money. So it has been strange that it has taken this long for Hasbro and Paramount to return and mine that claim. For some time, the rumored reason was that Dwayne Johnson, a.k.a. Franchise Viagra, was holding up movement on the film due to his insanely busy schedule. More recently ,it appears that Hasbro Studios and Paramount are going to entirely reboot the G.I. Joe franchise with the hopes of a more contemporary approachthat will expand the audience. Unfortunately, even though we now have a date, there is still no greater clarity on whether or not this upcoming G.I. Joe film will be the third film in the franchise or a reboot. At least with this announcement, we won't have to wait long to find out.
Credit Cinemablend for article
NEW UK/US TITLE: Killer Klowns from Outer Space (Blu-ray)
A cinematic experience unparalleled in this galaxy, now newly restored by Arrow Video for this stellar edition.
Pre-order in the UK via Arrow: http://bit.ly/2B5gXAl
Pre-order in the UK via Amazon: http://amzn.to/2ks7JrH
Our US pre-order links will be live soon!
Release date: 26/27 March
Step aside Pennywise… These Killer Klowns from Outer Space are outta this world – literally! – and they’re packing deadly popcorn guns and cotton candy cocoons!
When Mike and his girlfriend Debbie warn the local police that a gang of homicidal alien-clowns have landed in the nearby area (in a spaceship shaped like a circus big-top, no less), the cops are naturally sceptical. Before long however, reports are coming in from other anxious residents detailing similar run-ins with the large-shoed assailants. There can no longer be any doubt – the Killer Klowns from Outer Space are here, and they’re out to turn the Earth’s population into candy floss!
Written and produced by the Chiodo brothers – knowns for their work on a host of special-effects laden hits such as Team America: World Police and the Critters movies – Killer Klowns from Outer Space is a cinematic experience unparalleled in this galaxy, now newly restored by Arrow Video for this stellar edition.
SPECIAL EDITION CONTENTS
• Brand new restoration from a 4K scan of the original camera negative
• High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
• Newly remastered stereo 2.0 and 5.1 DTS-HD MA audio options
• Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
• Archive audio commentary with the Chiodo Brothers
• Let the Show Begin! Anatomy of a Killer Theme Song – an all-new interview with the original members of the American punk band, The Dickies
• The Chiodos Walk Among Us: Adventures in Super 8 Filmmaking - all-new documentary highlighting the making of the Chiodo Brothers childhood films, from the giant monster epics made in their basement to their experiments in college
• New HD transfers of the complete collection of the Chiodo Brothers 8mm and Super 8 films, including Land of Terror, Free Inside, Beast from the Egg, and more!
• Tales of Tobacco – an interview with star Grant Cramer
• Debbie’s Big Night – an interview with star Suzanne Snyder
• Bringing Life to These Things – a tour of Chiodo Bros. Productions
• The Making of Killer Klowns – archive production featurette
• Visual Effects with Gene Warren Jr. – archive interview with co-writer/producer Charles Chiodo and visual effects supervisor Gene Warren Jr.
• Kreating Klowns – archive interview with Charles Chiodo and creature fabricator Dwight Roberts
• Komposing Klowns – archive interview with composer John Massari
• Klown Auditions
• Deleted Scenes with filmmaker’s audio commentary
• Image Galleries
• Original Theatrical Trailer
• Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Sara Deck