Pre-order yours now: http://bit.ly/2f0EYm7
Release date September 25th
The success of Stuart Gordon’s hit horror-comedy Re-Animator meant that a sequel was all but inevitable. The resulting follow-up, Bride of Re-Animator – this time helmed by director Brian Yuzna (Society, Return of the Living Dead III) – would prove that there was a good deal more life (and death) left in the story of Dr Herbert West and his ghoulish exploits.
It has been eight months since the bloody massacre at Miskatonic Medical School. Unperturbed by the disastrous outcome of his previous meddling with the dead, Dr West (again played by Jeffrey Combs) continues his research into the phenomenon of re-animation; only this time, he plans to create life – starting with the heart of his young protégé Dan’s dearly deceased, Meg Halsey. Surely nothing could go wrong?
With special effects master Screaming Mad George (the man behind the infamous “shunting” sequence of Society) on hand to contribute a host of characteristically weird and wonderful creations, Bride of Re-Animator is a more than worthy successor to Stuart Gordon’s original cult classic.
Director Approved Special Edition Contents:
- 2K restoration of the Unrated version, approved by director Brian Yuzna
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) presentation
- Optional English subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Audio commentary with Yuzna
- Audio commentary with Yuzna, star Jeffrey Combs, special effects co-ordinator Tom Rainone and the effects team including John Buechler, Mike Deak, Robert Kurtzman, Howard Berger and Screaming Mad George
- Audio commentary with stars Jeffrey Combs and Bruce Abbott
- Brian Yuzna Remembers Bride of Re-Animator – featurette in which the director looks back at the making of the first Re-Animator sequel
- Splatter Masters: The Special Effects Artists of Bride of Re-Animator – FX featurette with a wealth of behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with Robert Kurtzman of KNB, -
Screaming Mad George, Tony Doublin and John Buechler
- Getting Ahead in Horror – archive making-of featurette
- Deleted Scenes
- 24-page illustrated collector’s booklet featuring writing on the film by programmer Michael Blyth