The Individual Thought Patterns vinyl reissues are due out October 20th on LP/Deluxe 2xLP Boxset via Relapse Records. Pre-orders are available now through Relapse.com at this location. The album can be streamed in full via DEATH’s Bandcamp page here.
DEATH, the heavy metal institution founded, realized, and helmed by legendary guitarist Chuck Schuldiner, released the Individual Thought Patterns album (the follow-up to their watershed Human release) in 1993. Expectations were high following Human, but Schuldiner proved once again that he could rise to any occasion. Individual Thought Patterns further honed the forward-thinking and progressive direction birthed with Human, and included “The Philosopher”; arguably the best song to ever come from the world of extreme metal and to this date the most widely-recognized.
Remixed by DEATH mastering engineer Alan Douches (West West Side), remastered, repackaged and featuring tons of newly unearthed and previously unreleased demo and live tracks, this is the ultimate version of Individual Thought Patterns. Available again for the first time on vinyl in almost 10 years!
Individual Thought Patterns First Relapse Press (Standard LP/2xLP):
- 500 x DLX 2xLP Reissue (White Inside of Ultra Clear with Heavy Baby Pink, Blood Red and Bronze Splatter) *Relapse.com Exclusive*
- 300 x Picture Disc *Relapse.com Exclusive*
- 300 x Grimace Purple and Baby Pink Merge with Heavy Bone White and Black Splatter) *Relapse.com Exclusive*
- 500 x Black and Bronze Merge with Heavy Bone White Splatter *UK Retail Exclusive*
- 500 x Blood Red with Heavy Bronze, White and Black Splatter *Germany Retail Exclusive*
- 500 x Baby Pink with Heavy Blood Red Splatter *US Indie Retail Exclusive*
- 2500 x Milky Clear with Heavy Baby Pink , Blood Red and Bronze Splatter *European Retail Exclusive*
- 2090 x Black Standard Gram
Over the course of more than a decade and seven increasingly accomplished albums, Chuck Schuldiner, the architect behind the ubiquitous DEATH, became a bona fide heavy metal icon. Now widely recognized as the father of death metal (if a single candidate must be chosen, his résumé is about as good as it gets), Schuldiner's singular drive and ruthless creative vision guaranteed that DEATHwould ever represent the cutting edge of the style's development. Indeed, while the savagely raw aggression contained in DEATH's first three albums proved crucial to spearheading the first generation of death metal bands, the astounding musicianship and increasingly sophisticated songwriting found on their later-day efforts surely influenced even more groups to explore the limits of extreme metal's most progressive outposts. By all accounts a force to be reckoned with on-stage, DEATHalso logged more frequent flier miles than perhaps any other band of their ilk, undertaking numerous far-reaching tours despite suffering from continuous and often acrimonious musician turnover within their ranks. Throughout this long journey and drastic evolutionary curve, Schuldiner was to be the only constant, the effective mastermind behind DEATH's continually groundbreaking career, and, as proven by his near-canonization at the time of his untimely passing, arguably unequalled in stature within one of rock's most uncompromising style.
View the full bio at DEATH's artist page at this location.Individual Thought Patterns Reissue Tracklisting:
- Overactive Imagination
- In Human Form
- Trapped In A Corner
- Mentally Blind
- Individual Thought Patterns
- Out Of Touch
- The Philosopher
- Leprosy (Live in Germany - April 13th, 1993)
- Suicide Machine (Live in Germany - April 13th, 1993)
- Living Monstrosity (Live in Germany - April 13th, 1993)
- Overactive Imagination (Live in Germany - April 13th, 1993
- Flattening of Emotions (Live in Germany - April 13th, 1993)
- Within The Mind (Live in Germany - April 13th, 1993)
- Lack of Comprehension (Live in Germany - April 13th, 1993)
- Zombie Ritual (Live in Germany - April 13th, 1993)
- The Exorcist (Studio Outtake)
Pre-Order 'Individual Thought Patterns' via Relapse.com HERE